13. The Dating Game - Lucy Watson


I can say with no shame that I love watching Made in Chelsea. It's one of the only shows of the scripted-reality style I like and enjoy. So the fact that some of the cast are starting to pen their own books (possibly with a little help) is interesting to me and of course I'm going to read them. I read Spencer Matthew's book last year and actually enjoyed it. It was the story of his life, the naughtiness and mischief he's gotten up to in his life living in both St Bart's and attending boarding school in England. It was nice to read his background and his side of things. That is kind of what I expected this to be like but I was totally wrong.

Lucy "get out of my grill" Watson has penned a dating guide. When I read reviews I was kind of excited, as they spoke of learning the truth behind her and Spencer's break up and the begging texts he sent her, amongst other things. But to be honest, this book was a total disappointment.

The first thing that annoyed me was the "key to my exes" which used letters to represent them but come on sweetie, you're on tele, we all know "S" is Spencer and "JL" is Jamie! What's the point? Why try to be coy?

Lucy shares her "wisdom" on dating and how not to be played but to be honest, I think it's bullsh*t. I hate these supposed rules like not texting back or texting and not replying. It's just stupid. Go with the flow, do what feels right. I like Lucy but I felt there wasn't much of her personality here.

I mean listen -

Selfie Tips
"1. Look in the mirror and play around with finding your best angle. 2. Work out what your best feature is and make the most of it. I like my right hand profile, so I'll turn my head to the left and tilt it slightly. 3. Scroll through and add the best instagram filters". 

How much did she get paid to write this drivel?

Thankfully I've just discovered I can return it for a refund and it'll be deleted from my kindle forever and I'll get my £6.23 back! Thankfully!

I'd say skip this book unless you really want to read uninsightful dating "advice".

No comments:

Post a Comment